how to prepare for a spray tan
here's what to do...
PREPARATION IS THE KEY:
Your prep is the most important part of getting a perfect spray tan. Our spray technicians can perform flawless tans, but the canvas is your responsibility....
- all spray tans (yes, even the express-wash-off-after-2-hours kind) take 12 - 24 hours to develop into their full colour. We recommend you get your spray tan 48 hours before the event
- in the run up to getting your tan, look after your skin. Stay hydrated, moisturise regularly and exfoliate.
- remove unwanted body hair (no less than 24 hours before getting a spray tan). Any less and your skin might be too sensitive.
- exfoliate your entire body(12 - 24 hours before). Pay special attention to dry areas such as hands, elbows, knees and feet and then moisturise some more
- prepare loose fitting, dark clothes, underwear to change into after your tan
- we recommend a patch test prior to every treatment
- on the day of your tan skin should be fresh and bare - this means free from all products - moisturisers, old tan, makeup, perfume, deodorant, body odour ( ! ) and oils etc.
- remove all jewellery (unless you don't mind the tan lines)
- tie your hair back
- get your gear off ! Leave your knickers/bikini on or put on one of our disposable G strings and hair nets
- step into the booth and relax, we've got it from here
24 HOURS AFTER:
- whilst your tan is developing avoid water (not the drinking kind!) - the showering, rain and perspiration kind.... and do not apply any products to your skin
- after the 2 - 8 hours development time (depending on the tanning solution) have a quickie water-only shower: no soap, no shampoo, no sponge - just a 30 second rinse off in lukewarm water
- remember that although you have washed the spray tan solution off your skin, it is still developing for the first 24 hours......
- for the first 24 hours only have a quick showers, no soap and not to hot
- after showers ALWAYS pat dry - don't rub! Rubbing = rubbing off your tan
- in the following days you can shower as normal using a pH balance body wash
KEEP YOUR TAN LOOKING GORGEOUS FOR LONGER:
- apply a natural moisturiser 2 x daily
- stay well hydrated
- shower as normal, using a pH balanced shower gel
- after showering always pat skin dry - don't rub
- exfoliate your skin very gently every 3-4 days to ensure even fading
- avoid prolonged swimming and soaking in a long hot bath, it will reduce the length of your tan
- waxing/shaving will strip off the top layers of your skin, and will reduce your tan
- did we already mention moisturising?! It doesn't matter, do it some more